Thirty years ago today, I was born. Thirty years! It is so amazing to me as to how fast time goes by. I hope that God grants me another thirty years, and maybe another thirty after that. In honor of the thirty years, I will be giving a list of thirty events that took place in my life, the nation, and the world from a wide variety of topics. Are you ready?
1981 - March 30, President Reagan was shot and wounded by John Hinckley.
1982 - March 29, Michael Jordan's "shot heard 'round the world" helped UNC win it's 2nd NCAA basketball national championship.
1983 - May 25, Return of the Jedi: Episode 6 is released in theaters.
1984 - January 24, Apple unveiled the Macintosh personal computer. Also, wife was born. (Nov.)
1985 - September 29, MacGyver debuted on ABC. Also, The Goonies was released in theaters.
1986 - January 28, Space Shuttle Challenger exploded 73 seconds after takeoff. Also, Oklahoma won it's 6th NCAA football national championship (Jan. 1).
1987 - May 28, The Union's Civil War Ironclad, The Monitor, was discovered by a deep sea robot.
1988 - January 31, The Washington Redskins beat the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XXII, 42-10.
1989 - March 24, Exxon Valdez oil spill.
1990 - April 29, Berlin Wall at the Brandenburg Gate started being torn down.
1991 - February 23, UNC was first NCAA basketball team to reach 1,500 wins (on my b-day no less).
- March 6, President Bush (41st) announced to Congress that Gulf War was over.
1992 - April 6, Oriole Park at Camden Yards opened. Also ended one of the best years in my public school experience (5th grade)
1993 - January 18, MLK Jr. Day observed in all 50 states for the first time.
- April 5, UNC won it's 3rd NCAA basketball national championship against Michigan.
1994 - April 22, Former President Richard Nixon died.
1995 - January 12, O.J. Simpson murder trial begins in L.A.
- April 19, OKC Bombing.
1996 - May 10, Twister premiered in theaters. My brother graduated from high school. My brother and I were in a severe car accident during the summer, which led me to accept Christ as my Savior and LORD.
1997 - The Empire Strikes Back: Special Edition premiered in theaters. Also I got my driver's license.
1998 - January 26, Intel launched the 333 MHz Pentium II chip. Also, the truth about Bill and Monica came to light.
1999 - April 20, Columbine shooting. Also I turned 18 and I graduated from high school.
2000 - October 6, Slobodan Milosevic resigns.
- December 13, Al Gore conceded the election and George Bush was named the 43rd President.
- Oklahoma won its 7th NCAA football national championship.
2001 - September 11.
2002 - October 27, Someone other than the Yankees won the World Series (Anaheim Angels).
2003 - February 1, Space Shuttle Columbia explodes over Texas.
2004 - November 2, Kerry vs. Bush. Bush won a second term. Also, I graduated from OU (May).
2005 - April 4, UNC won its 4th NCAA basketball national championship against Illinois.
- May 19, we finally saw how Anakin became Darth Vader.
- August 29, Hurricane Katrina.
2006 - February 22, iTunes sold it's one billionth song.
- August 24, Pluto was demoted to a "dwarf planet."
- October 10, Google bought YouTube.
- October 31, Bob Barker retired from The Price Is Right.
- December 30, Saddam Hussein was executed.
2007 - January 9, Apple unveiled the iPhone.
2008 - February 20, U.S. Navy destroyed a U.S. spy satellite with a missile.
- February 24, Fidel Castro resigned as Cuban President.
- November 4, Barack Obama became the first African-American U.S. President.
2009 - January 15, U.S. Airways plane lands safely in the Hudson River.
- June 6, I married the love of my life (on the 65th anniversary of D-Day).
2010 - January 10, China surpassed Germany as the world's largest exporter.
2011 - February 11, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak resigns due to civil unrest.
- February 23, I turned 30.
Source of info: www.brainyhistory.com